Cybersecurity for small business:
- All businesses, regardless of size, are at risk.
- Small businesses may feel like they are not targets for cyberattacks either due to their size or the perception that they do not have anything worth stealing.
- Only a small percentage of cyberattacks are considered targeted attacks, meaning the attacker group is going after a particular company or group of companies to steal specific data.
- Most cyber criminals are indiscriminate; they target vulnerable computer systems regardless of whether the systems are part of a Fortune 500 company, a small business, or belong to a home user.
- 44% of small businesses reported being the victim of a cyberattack, with an average cost of approximately $9,000 per attack. (National Small Business Association).
The risk is particularly high for FINRA Small Firm
- Websites are a way into e-commerce network- as such, they provide an avenue into sensitive data, and a way to reach customers and partners.
- FINA has compliance requirement which gives standard guideline for small Firm to manage cybersecurity and protect them.
- Dimatas gives cloud based cybersecurity solution to FINRA small firm.
How do Dimatas Technologies’ services help small businesses do this?
They continuously monitor the health of web sites to detect potential threats:
– Identifying unauthorized content changes.
– Verifying that the site is active and operating as designed.
Generating and automatically transmitting alerts regarding potential cyber threats.
Protecting web sites against future incursions.
Enabling small business owners to quickly identify and resolve cyber threats to restore their site’s integrity and performance.
How should small businesses protect themselves?
Small businesses should protect all pages on their public-facing websites, not just the checkout and sign-up pages. (Source: U.S. Department of Homeland Security).
- Run Periodic Vulnerabilities test
- Do Regular Penn Test.
- Monitor website for end user accessibility.
- Analyze data for Malicious activity.